Are you an experienced people Manager in the insurance industry with proven experience of driving targets to be met? Do you have insurance broking experience and a record in new business generation?
A rare opportunity has arisen within a large independent Broker for a Sales Director to be based from London or possibly one of their regional offices in the Home Counties. Reporting directly to the MD, the jobholder will be responsible for developing and maintaining a sales-focussed culture and improving client income generation and retention.
Duties will include:
- Driving new business generation through a broad range of sales initiatives and innovative campaigns including direct mailing, telemarketing and events. These will aim to generate inbound enquires, brand awareness and increased
quality leads in targeted market areas
- Working with the marketing department and lead generation team to coordinate the sales process
- Setting monthly/annual forecasts, targets, plans and budgets
- Developing commercial strategy for the sales team
- Supporting Account Executives and Business Developers in identifying new sales opportunities and converting these into commission income
- Working with Heads of Divisions in the development of new products and schemes to be offered to existing and new clients and Brokers
- Creating, developing and implementing a sales academy to train new graduates through a structured programme to encourage the organic growth of new business developers (in conjunction with HR)
- Providing monthly MI to the MD
In terms of experience, applicants must have solid people management experience within an Insurer or Broker including responsibility for team budgets. Personal experience in new business broking is also essential and CII qualifications are ideal. This is an excellent chance to join a well-established Broker in an exciting time of growth.