Insurance Technician – 28 hours per week
City of London
£35,000 pro rata
About the Company
A fortune 500 company with over 60 offices in 20+ countries, is a holding company for insurance, reinsurance, specialist advisory and investment operations around the world. They underwrite risks in their syndicates at Lloyd’s, in the London insurance company market and through their reinsurance company.
They are focused on meeting the specialised needs of sophisticated insureds and producers. Its underwriters bring meaningful expertise and advanced technical analysis to each transaction in the areas of Excess Liability, Professional Liability, Property and Marine. They have a network of offices, located in London, Dublin, Bermuda and New York that allow customised solutions for the long-term needs of customers.
Duties and accountabilities
- Preparation of insurance documents for review by Underwriters. This will include entering data into the in-house system and sourcing data from various information services
- Co-ordinate the follow up on bounds accounts through the technical preparation.
- Processing MRC Slips and endorsements
- Setting up policies and deals on the systems
- Maintenance of filing system; ensuring files contain relevant documentation and archiving when necessary
- Open all post/couriers received into department
- Preparation of policy documentation
- Ensure the integrity of information stored on the underwriting database
- Update and maintain the broker contact system
- Update and maintain the underwriting system upon receipt of adjustments and closings.
- Setting up meeting rooms for visiting clients, if required
- Any other general office duties, as required
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in a (Re)Insurance environment
- The ability to prioritize work, with particular emphasis on attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.