This is a truly exciting business; one of the web’s largest and most recognisable brands. It has hundreds of millions of registered users and operates in excess of 100 countries across the globe. Perhaps best known within the Leisure industry, it is expanding to operations to include offering its clientele an in-house ancillary insurance offering.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a niche new team of an established and very successful global business – indeed, you will be one of the very first employees to join the fledgling insurance division. As such, this is a high-profile position within the company and great chance to really ‘make this role your own.’
Day-to-day commercial decision making will be key to being successful in the role. This includes pricing and promotion levers. It may also involve negotiating with third parties from time to time to deliver customer and financial targets across multiple jurisdictions.
You will support the development of new propositions for customers, working with other departments across the business, as well as working with and through regulated insurance entity and third-party insurers. The firm aims to greatly expand its product range, and this role will play an important part in doing this.
You will also be responsible for developing existing ways of working and building new ones, while also driving the development of MI and reporting capability for insurance.
Naturally, all this needs to be done in a way that complies with all external and internal insurance regulations and policies.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
– Expert in understanding the key drivers of insurance performance, tracking sales and margin performance, then define and agree actions to achieve agreed business targets
– Competitor tracking to ensure profit and revenue opportunities are maximised and any risks highlighted
– Monitor and manage the performance of 3rd party suppliers to pre-agreed targets / sales growth, identify and escalate any areas of risk or opportunity
– Develop “Insurance fact books” that capture all learnings to date and outline a series of hypotheses to test, furthering learnings and improving knowledge
– Work closely with your colleagues in Analytics and Data Science to explore new ways of extracting the maximum value possible from each customer segment
– Lead the development of insurance pricing tools and associated processes
– Work in a compliant manner with all commercial processes
– Regular communication and updates to the Commercial Trading teams on developments with Insurance pricing
– Strong commercial awareness.
– Tenacity to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
– Confident and analytical approach to problem solving and decision making.
– Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with internal teams and departments.
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as work independently.
– Self-motivated with a positive outlook with an enthusiastic approach to work.
– Effective organisation and time management skills.
– Minimum 2 years’ experience in an insurance role and relevant proven analytical A levels or Degree
– Microsoft Office applications, especially advanced use of Excel, and preferably another analytical tool capability like Tableau or Power BI
Aston Charles – a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance & Financial Services Recruitment
For more jobs like this, or for more information on how we may be able to help you in your search for a new job, please visit our website.